We appreciate that you have chosen to place your trust in us when sharing your personal data. The security of that data is very important to us. Siker Limited is committed to respecting the privacy of our customers and protecting any personal or sensitive commercial information that you choose to share with us. As part of this, we have posted this policy to help you understand what information we may collect from you and how we handle that information. We will also explain what rights you have with regards to your personal data and how you can exercise those rights.
Who we are
Siker Limited is a subsidiary company of Harwood Security and Training Consultancy Limited (known as HS and TC hereafter). HS and TC Ltd is the data controller for all organisations within the group. That means that HS and TC Ltd determines what data is collected by each organisation within the group, how this data is going to be used and how this data is to be protected.
Our registered office address is:
Siker Limited - Whiteleaf Business Centre, 11 Little Blamer, Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, MK18 1TF, UK
If you have questions about how we process personal data, or would like to exercise your data subject rights, please email us at email@example.com
Companies and websites within scope
Harwood Security and Training Consultancy Limited https://www.hsandtc.com
Siker Limited https://sikercyber.com
Unless specifically stated, we consider these websites to be UK based websites, see 'Storage of Personal Data' section below for more information on non-EU processing.
This policy also covers any additional personal data collected in the following online web applications:
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal data from you for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide you with the information that you have requested or which we think may be relevant to a subject in which you have demonstrated an interest;
- To initiate and complete commercial transactions with you, or the entity that you represent, for the purchase of products and/or services;
- To fulfil a contract that we have entered into with you or the entity that you represent;
- To ensure the security and safe operation of our websites and underlying business infrastructure, and
- To manage any communication between you and us.
The 'Lawful basis for the processing of personal data' section below provides more detail about the data that we collect for each of these purposes, the lawful basis for doing so and the period for which we retain each type of data.
In addition, and in order to ensure that each visitor to any of our websites can use and navigate the site effectively, we will collect the following:
- Technical information, including the IP address used to connect your device to the internet
- Your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in type and version
- Operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our site
Lawful basis for the processing of personal data (EEA visitors only)
Our legal basis for collecting and using personal information will depend on the personal information being collected and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only:
- where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you e.g. to enrol you on a course or provide you with learning materials
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights or
- where we have your consent to do so
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as wells the possible consequences if you decide not to provide it). If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of a trusted third party), this interest will normally be to operate our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest e.g. when responding to your queries, undertaking marketing or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and, if appropriate, we will make this clear to you at the relevant time. If you have questions about, or need further information on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact using firstname.lastname@example.org
Storage of personal data
Siker Limited is a UK-domiciled organisation whose primary offices are in the UK.
The personal information you provide to us is stored within secure servers. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
If we have provided you with, or you have chosen, a password so that you can access certain parts of our sites and portals, it is your responsibility to keep these passwords confidential.
Note that the transmission of any information across the internet (including via email) is not completely secure and therefore, although we endeavour to protect the personal information you have provided to us, we cannot guarantee the security of the data sent to us electronically and the transmission of any such data is entirely at your own risk. We retain the personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. However, when we have no ongoing legitimate business or statutory need to process your personal information we will either delete it or sanitise it.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal information, with your consent, to any company within our corporate group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries.
We may disclose your information personal with:
- third party funders, where required within Apprenticeships or further/higher education;
- you employer, where required within an Apprenticeship program/Higher Education program or other government agencies where required by the scheme;
- partners with whom we work to provide Services (such as course vendors, examination bodies and trainers);
- any third party in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sales of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or otherwise protect our rights or the rights of any third party and;
- to any other person wit your consent to the disclosure.
If you do not want us to use your data for any marketing purposes, you have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us. If we ever send you information by e-mail, we will provide you with an e-mail address by which you may request no future notices. Users may also opt-out of receiving future mailings by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Cookies and Tracking Technology
Cookies are pieces of information transferred to your hard drive when you visit our Site that automatically identify your browser to our server whenever you interact with our Site. A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites. Siker may use “cookie” technology to improve visitors' online experience. Siker may also collect information utilising methods such as "refers", IP addresses, and environment variables. The environment variables Siker gathers include time, type of Web browser being used, the operating system/platform, and CPU speed. This information is used in identifying broad demographic trends and may be used to provide information tailored to an individual visitor’s interests. We do not extract information about individual users or their computers during this process. We may monitor a visitor's use of the Site, and use or disclose any information gathered as part of our evaluation of the service to satisfy any law, regulation or other government request, and to operate the service properly and efficiently.
Our Site does not target and is not intended to attract children under the age of 13. Siker does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or send them requests for personal information.
Links to Third Party Sites
This website may offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about us (or the website or our Services) using third party social networking functionality. We offer this functionality in order to generate interest in us, the website and our Services among the members of your social networks and to permit you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about us with your friends and colleagues. However, you should be aware that sharing personal or non-personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider or result in that information being made publicly available, including through internet search engines.
Please note that we do not exercise, endorse or control the policies or practices of any third party social network whose functionality you may access through the website. You should always read the Privacy Notice of any social network through which you share information carefully in order to fully understand their specific privacy and information usage practices.
International Data Transfers
Your rights as a data subject
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing and telemarketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "Manage your Marketing Preferences" link in the marketing e-mails we send you and within our Websites.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Alternatively, you can contact us at our global HQ using the following postal address or telephone number:
HS and TC Ltd
Whiteleaf Business Centre, 11 Little Balmer, Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, MK18 1TF, UK
Telephone: +44 (0)20 3441 7642
Should you wish to discuss a complaint, please feel free to contact us using the details provided above. All complaints will be treated in a confidential manner. If you feel dissatisfied with our handling of your data you are entitled to escalate your complaint to a supervisory authority within the European Union. For the United Kingdom, this is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) who is also our lead supervisory authrority. Its contact information can found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/