Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Hotel, Khor Al Maqta, Abu Dhabi, P.O. Box 114304, United Arab Emirates
The Open Source Internet Investigation Foundation Course is a hands-on, practical and immersive module suitable for those who use the internet to conduct overt open source investigations or intelligence research.
This module is ideal for those who have little or no knowledge of Open Source Internet investigation. Delegates will undertake several online exercises throughout the module and be provided with unlimited access to online resources and support material. The trainer will be a very experienced Internet investigator with a UK law enforcement background.
This course meets the requirements of UK National Police Chiefs Council levels 1 & 2.
At the conclusion of this module, delegates will be able to:
- Apply basic and advanced internet search techniques.
- Discuss the structure of the Internet.
- Apply appropriate evidence capture methodologies in internet investigations.
- Identify evidential and intelligence opportunities to develop internet investigations.
- Apply appropriate safeguards when operating online to protect tactics including anonymisation.
- Demonstrate the investigative value of digital images.
- Demonstrate the investigative value of domains and websites.
- Demonstrate the tracing of subjects and commodities through current and historic websites, and IP addresses using specialist network investigation techniques.
- Demonstrate basic levels of investigation of social media content.
- State legislation and procedural practices which may influence internet investigations.
- Discuss the process of preparing internet material for court or tribunal presentation.