Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Hotel, Khor Al Maqta, Abu Dhabi, P.O. Box 114304, United Arab Emirates
The Cyber Investigator Foundation course is a hands-on, practical and immersive module suitable for those who investigate Cyber Enabled and Cyber Dependent Crime. Delegates will undertake several online exercises throughout the module with a final exercise using the skills developed throughout the module.
At the conclusion of this module, delegates will be able to:
- Identify cyber dependent and cyber enabled crime.
- Describe the types and functions of malware
- Describe the role of the cybercrime first responder.
- Prepare a cybercrime investigative strategy or plan.
- Understand the concepts of computer networks and how they relate to a cybercrime investigation.
- Understand the concepts of digital forensics in a cybercrime investigation
- Identify, secure and preserve digital evidence.
- Demonstrate the value and use of open source information in a cybercrime investigation.
- Describe the role of authorisations, procedures and policies in a cybercrime investigation.
- Prepare a risk management plan in relation to a cybercrime investigation.
- Deal with victims, witnesses and suspects as they relate to a cybercrime investigation.
- Prepare and present cybercrime material to a prosecutor.