Level 2 - Foundation
The Python Basics Course is designed to provide practitioners with working knowledge of the python programming language. This knowledge is vital when managing the day to day running of all aspects of infrastructure at any level.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those who have a need to read and write Python 3 programs, including:
- Software testers
- Software developers
- Web developers
- System admins
- Ethical hackers
There are no pre-requisites set for this module. Although students should be familiar with one other programming language (Either a scripting language or an object-oriented language) for example:
The course consists of 3 days of classroom training.
The course contains hands-on exercises and examples of the programming lifecycle to reinforce theory taught by our instructors.
What you will learn on this course?
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Run the Python interpreter
- Understand the creation and execution of Python programs, including console output
- Understand the basics of control flow, functions & data structures
- Understand the basics of conditionals and loops
- Understand how to write classes
- Understand how to read & write to files
- Understand bitwise operations
Part 1: What is Python?
Part 2: Variables – Numbers & Strings
Part 3: Control flow
Part 4: Functions
Part 5: Data structures
Part 6: Bitwise operators
Part 7: Classes
Part 8: File I/O
What training should follow on from this?
This course is a Level 2 Foundation course, but it can be used as preparation for more focused training such as the: