Level 2 - Foundation
This ICS Security Incident Response (IR) Fundamentals Course provides an understanding of the security risks to Industrial Control Systems (ICS) environments and explains what can be done to prepare for, respond to and recover from a cyber incident in the control system.
If you are a …
…Practitioner involved with ICS procurement/audit/maintenance or supply and need full awareness of the security risks to these environments, for example:
- ICS user or operator
- ICS support engineer
- Physical security professional
- Facilities Management professional
- IT staff responsible for securing the ICS environment
…then this course is for you.
It provides you with the knowledge you require to start to understand your incident management process and what your role in that is.
There are no pre-requisites for this course and no laptop is required. A handbook of supporting material will be provided.
What you will learn on this course?
By the end of the course, you will know:
- How to identify what current and emerging threats your ICS environments face
- How to prepare for, respond to and recover from a cyber security incident
The course consists of 1 day classroom training.
Part 1: Background (what is an ICS, what are the risks)
- ICS Vs IT
- Current and emerging risks to ICS
- Known ICS security incidents
Part 2: Security Incident Management (what to do when the worst happens and roles and responsibilities)
- Security incident identification
- Security incident response
- Security incident recovery
- Planning and preparation
Part 3: Incident Exercise
- Interactive cyber Incident exercise
What training should follow on from this?
This course is a Foundation level course but it can be used as preparation for more advanced training such as the Siker ICS405: Securing ICS course; SANS ICS410: ICS/SCADA Security Essentials and the GIAC Global Industrial Control Systems Professional (GICSP) certification.
Continuing Professional Education Credits
Attendees who require to record CPE credits e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, IET etc. can receive 7 CPE credits for attending the course. Individuals are responsible for entering accurate membership or ID numbers upon registration to ensure relevant details are included on course certificates.