Siker regard the promotion of the Health and Safety At Work etc. Act 1974 and the Environmental Protection Act 1990 as an essential objective for all people who work for this Company.
It is the policy of the Company to take all reasonable steps to prevent personal injury and/or damage to property and to protect personnel and the environment from all foreseeable hazards. In addition, to cover the public in so far as they come into contact with this Company's personnel and activities.
In particular, it is the policy of Siker to:
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy conditions; taking account of statutory requirements to provide training and instructions to enable employees to perform their duties safely and efficiently.
- Make available all necessary safety devices and protective equipment, train and supervise their use as necessary.
- Actively pursue reduction in the use of substances and procedures that adversely affect the environment.
- Carry out an annual review of this Policy and other Health & Safety control systems employed by the Company.
- Consult with employees on any matter that may affect them related to Health, Safety and Welfare.
- Employees have a legal duty to co-operate in the operation of this Policy by: not interfering with or misusing anything provided in the interest of Health and Safety; reporting incidents that have or may lead to accidents; complying with all Health, Safety and Environmental instructions.
- Each Head of Department, Line Manager and individual is ultimately responsible to the Managing Director for carrying out the Safety Policy